Saturday, January 11, 2014

2014, JOIN IN!

2014 is full speed now. 


And, I have a goal. I'm excited.  Actually, I have a few. but for right now, I am trying to learn to create new habits with my artistic brain.  I HAVE to create, record, write, photograph.  Always have.  And, I LOVE to.  But, my ideas and plans and dreams and doodles sometimes run my life.  I have to create some new habits with my artist brain.

While sucked into Pinterest I found a cool  challenge that I will allow me to:  
       Put PEN ON PAPER!  
            KEEP UP WITH MEMORIES!! 
                    Give me a Goal of organizing & printing photos weekly?!
                              Pray while creating!
                                      KEEP up with my to-do list!
                                                            And, I'm so happy this has fallen into place! 

The Documented Life Challenge created by  http://arttothe5th.squarespace.com/ is giving weekly challenges all to be created in a planner. So fun!!  Each Sunday they post a new challenge...and of course I'm adapting them as I want to.  Here is my planner that I had not been using, that is now coming back to life!  Oh, to love many things.  What a blessing and a curse Mr. Van Gough.  Just gotta not let this become obsessive, like all things fun.


Week one: (was supposed to be a view of your door).  Mine was the view on my counter.  Candle burning.  Dinner cooking.  Balls being thrown (thanks Pax).  CZ chatting.  How fun to create art while life is happening.  Pax has been asking to do art since then!  

I'm going to try and incorporate a FEW pictures each week.  But, this is mainly to MAKE me QUICKLY organize them on my computer.  It would be SO nice at the end of the year to have favorite pictures from each week in ONE SMALL FOLDER.  Ya'll I have 1,000's each month.  I have a problem.  Hope this helps!




Week two: This challenge was supposed to be a "selfie."  (Thanks Mallory on the link to the great fb article on "dying to the selfie.")  This is how I want to see and be seen.  "Free in Christ."    Life is hard, challenging, frustrating.  But, through my faith and hope in Christ, I am free.  Free to create.  Free to hope.  Free to love others.  This pictures capture a sick Pax and a sassy Charlotte.  It is good to print cell phone pictures frequently to be reminded of how much better the "real camera" pictures are.



Two weeks down in 2014. 
Real life: filled with the flu and flooding. 
Artsy life: filled with prayer, color, and fresh ideas.

I'm excited about this challenge. And, it has been fun seeing the other creations on-line.

Goes to show there are lots of folks looking to create, needing direction and the boost of joy creating gives you.  Can I just also throw in here...God is the ultimate creator. Creating all! And I think He gives lots of us the desire to create, that we have to action!


** I won't have long posts each week.  But, check back to see the progress.  

1 comment:

  1. I love your attitude and your goals. I try to live this way too, being creative makes my soul happy and having God along for the ride just makes it more of a blessing. I like that your adding pictures to the journal and making it what you want and not the others.
    I am a scrap booker and now do Project Life instead of the time consuming layouts I was doing. Have you heard about it before? The creator is Becky Higgins and I have a blog too and blog about mine.
    It's the easiest way to take those fun everyday little moment pictures and slide it into a page and write a little bit about it. That's it, just pictures and words no fancy stuff or too much time. Check it out and let me know what you think.

    I can't wait to start on my planner now after seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete