Friday, January 17, 2014

Altered art with an envelope


This week's challenge is to incorporate an envelope into you planner. There was no "fun mail" to work with this week. So, I used a Verizon Bill envelope.  You know, when you are using junk mail for art, it makes you think.  I think about materials I use, waste, if I'm being a good consumer, responsible, yada-yada.  I love the "self-talk" that goes along with creating art.  It is truly an experience, not just "art."

I used coupon cutting as a time to collage, have a paper ball fight (that was FUN) and to create.



 



A trip to Lowes = photo op. And, more materials to use.

I will say, I am THROWING JUNK away with each challenge. I am not keeping a pile of junk/papers that I "might" want later.  Either glue it down, now.  Or, throw it away!

Ta-da.  Not quite finished. But, I'm having fun.  I need to glue some pictures to the left side and doodle a little more.  I want to use this envelope as a place to keep snail-mail going "out."  Everyone loves getting mail, and birthday cards.  I hope to do better with this.  I also used a Christmas Card envelope that was sent "back to sender" because I had the wrong address.  The wrong address is an address that I really need to get right and send an encouraging note to them!

I added another envelope back in another section.  I want to use this section as a place to write little reminders about CZ.  One for Pax coming soon.

If you have questions, or need tips, send me a message on the ART SHACK fb page. I"m glad to help.  Art is fun, you should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment