Saturday, February 1, 2014

Be Satisfied. Praying with a pen in hand!

I so often pray with a pen in my hand.  It just flows that way.  So, I am praying that you might grow closer to Christ, honestly ask questions, joyfully say thank you, whole heartedly praying for others, while creating.  I do this all of the time.  But, let me first say it can become addicting.  Become addicted to growing close to God, reading, praying.  Don’t let the process of art get in the way.  It is NOT about the final product or what people think about it.  I just personally love moving my fingers, and it is a great time to focus on God as well.  Some people pray while running, matching socks, or unloading the dishwasher.    This is one way I do it…

Today, I'm using the devotions on www.shereadstruth.com as a starting block!

1a    #SheReadsTruth  

Read Day 1.  Print it out. Read. Doodle. Draw.  Circle words that pop out. Pray. Tear up the page.  Glue it down in your sketchbook or journal.


Then.  Write. Pray.  Be sloppy. Or be neat. What do you think the Gospel is?  It it complicated to you?  Has it become too simple?  Does it affect you? Are you scared?   Pray for each other.  To be open to learning and growing and encouraging each other.



Change pens. Read Psalm 63.  Write it. Pray it.  Doodle it.  Think about it.  There is a lot here.  




Draw some circles or squares on your page.  Pick a few words from the passage.  And repeat them as you are drawing them.  Lord, help me to be satisfied in you.  Lord help me be satisfied in you.  Lord, help me to be satisfied in you.  Or, whatever you prayer is.  Pray it as you doodle that.

You can repeat this over and over again.  Focus on the words in your heart and mind.  And, not as much on the techniques and lines and patterns.



Lastly, pick a few “truths” from what you read….and write them larger.  Or, illustrate them.  I chose, “Search, and be satisfied.”  That is my prayer  for you Mallory, Becca, Angelica and Sierra.  The world is dry, full of lies and junk, and chaos, and temptations, and questions.  I pray that you will be truly satisfied in the truths that God gives us.  And, that this is where you will go. Over and over and over again.

Praying for you my artsy gals and anyone else that might randomly join us!




1 comment:

  1. I love this idea and how you shared your thoughts on it.

    What a great blog and little art studio for kids too, LOVE THIS SO MUCH!! How fun to see them create and use their imaginations. Wish you lived closer, I would be there for sure.

    Thanks so much for this inspiring post, so glad I stumbled upon you thru IG.

    My OLW this year is pray and bringing art into it was something I had thought about. I like this idea of just drawing whatever while saying prayers and focusing on certain words is what I do too. I usually underline them or circle them.

    Thanks again, looking forward to seeing more posts like this and your art!

    ReplyDelete